Holiday fundraiser planned for children of Karen Thomas | Events
Family and friends have planned a holiday party to benefit the children of Karen Denise Boyd-Thomas better known as Skinny.
The fundraiser is planned for Friday, December 7 at 9 p.m. at the Cocktail Lounge located at 3810 Hacks Cross Road in Memphis, Tennessee. Donations and cover charge start at $10.
Thomas was the mother of a 15-year-old son and 11-year-old daughter.
"She wanted to be around everybody. She was the life of the party," said Thomas' friend Nyesha Brown.
An account benefiting Thomas' children has also been established. Donations can be made at any Regions Bank in the name of Shirley Shaw, Terrence and Tierney Thomas.
Police say Thomas' husband, Terrence, confessed to her murder back in October of this year.
For more information about the fundraiser contact "Slick" at 901-240-1569.
Upcoming Events near Raleigh - Frayser
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Z-Bo takes the shirt of his back, gives it to young fan
- City Council, Mayor Wharton at odds over potential AutoZone purchase
- Shelby Co. leaders vote against being a part of convention center expansion study
- Council delays vote again on purchase of AutoZone Park
- RACE DAY GUIDE: Thousands prepare for St. Jude Memphis Marathon