Electrical outlet sparks fire that caused $100,000 in damage | News
(WMC-TV) – Investigators say a faulty electrical socket was to blame for a fire at a Frayser store that caused $100,000 in damage Sunday night.
The fire at Lovely’s Food Market, 3427 N. Watkins St., started around 9:44 p.m. and firefighters were able to extinguish the flames in about 20 minutes.
No one was injured during the fire. However, the building sustained fire, smoke and water damage that investigators say will cost about $50,000 to repair. Additionally, another $50,000 of property inside the store was destroyed.
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.