Unattended meal caused apartment fire | News
(WMC-TV) – Food left unattended on a stove caused a fire that forced one adult and a child from their home Sunday morning.
The fire started just before 11 a.m. inside a unit at the Pershing Park Apartments, 3700 Steele St.
Investigators say the apartment suffered about $10,000 in damage and about $2,000 of its contents were also damaged.
An adult and a child were forced to seek help finding shelter from the Red Cross, but no one was injured.
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.