City implements heat protocols Thursday | News
(WMC-TV) – Memphis officials are urging people to take precautions during the current heat wave.
“Last year, the community rallied around our ‘Check on 4 Door to Door’ initiative. We know that Memphians are some of the most caring people in the world, and we expect nothing less of them this year,” said Mayor A C Wharton, Jr. “Please, if you know of someone who doesn’t have air conditioning or who might be struggling with the heat, just stop by and see how they are doing.”
If your home gets too hot, the city has places you can go to cool off.
Libraries, community centers and senior centers are public places where people can go to escape the high temperatures.
The Raleigh-Frayser area has several locations that are available:
- Douglass Community Center, 1616 Ash
- Hollywood Community Center, 1560 N. Hollywood
- North Frayser Community Center, 2555 St. Elmo
- Raleigh Community Center, 3678 Powers
- Ruth Tate Senior Center, 1620 Marjorie St.
- Randolph Branch Library, 3752 Given
- Frayser-Raleigh Senior Center, 3985 Egypt Central
Call 576-6500 if you need a ride to any location.
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.